Please write about yourself in relation to these items. Print out and return via regular mail
or email your responses.
Love The Children, Inc.
Eligibility for Adopting Parents
An Adoption Agency Placing Primarily Korean-born Children
- Placement of infants (up to age two years) is limited
to families where both family members are under the age of 44. Children over two are not available.
- The age gap between the adoptive father and mother should be no more than 15 years.
- The adoptive parents should be between the ages of 25 and 43 years for the placement of a child.
- A couple must have been married to each other for a minimum of three years at the time of application.
- Where the couple already has one child in their home, the application proceeds when the youngest child is at least two years of age. In
most cases a gender preference will
not be accepted.
- Families in which the adoptive mother is pregnant are not accepted for application or placement. No child can be matched to a family where a mother is pregnant at the time of matching.
If a pregnancy occurs between matching and the child's arrival, the family should notify the agency of the pregnancy and the referral of the child will be withdrawn.
- No couples with more than two divorces total per couple are accepted.
- No couples with a known life-threatening health condition or one in which a health condition is so questionable (such as excessive weight) that Korea will not approve are
accepted. In the case of a condition involving cancer, a five year period cancer free is required.
- Couples should have an income exceeding $40,000 per year for primary income plus $5,000 for each child. Couples should also be able to furnish evidence that savings
which will be required to pay all expenses for the adoption are available without the family making a loan
and demonstrate the ability to live on one income.
- It is desirable that we receive assurance that the child will be under direct parental care by either the
mother or father for at least one year following placement with no substitute care.
- If a family becomes pregnant after the placement of a child, no consent for finalization will be given until the mother has delivered. The family making application is made aware of this and it
is the family's responsibility to notify the agency. Finalization of the adoption is delayed until after the delivery of the expected child and
both the mother and new baby have returned to the home and the case worker visits and observes the child's adjustment to the new sibling.
- A college degree (bachelors or masters) by one parent is desirable.
- Willingness to avoid pregnancy during home study, matching, placement and until finalization is accepted as sound family planing.
Love the Children, Inc.
221 West Broad Street
Quakertown, Pennsylvania 18951